Sunday, July 17, 2011

My Mother's Obituary

This will appear in the Salt Lake Tribune on July, 19.  The funeral is July 20, 2011





Brenda Lynn (Young) Dudley 
07/18/1945-07/15/2011 

Our mother, Brenda Lynn (Young) Dudley, died on 07/15/2011 from a long struggle with Emphysema (COPD) and Post-Polio syndrome. She was surrounded by family. Brenda was born July, 18, 1945 to Kenneth James Young and Melva (Kinser) Young in Newport, Rhode Island. She grew up in Utah and spent her happiest years with her Grandpa and Grandma Kinser in Springville, UT. She contracted polio between the ages of 5 or 6. While the illness left her with residual physical impairments it did not affect her spirit or capacity for love. She met and married Parley Elton Dudley in 1964. This union produced four children. They were divorced in 1994. She also parented several foster children and almost everybody she met. Our mother was a champion of her children who was satisfied living vicariously through her children. She put her children first and was always first to hold their hands when they were sick and to parade their accomplishments for the world to see. She loved each of her 12 grandchildren and wanted them to have the world. She is preceded in death by her parents and triplet brothers Ken, Kent and Brent. She is survived by her four children Kevin (Lisa) Dudley, Shelly (Anis) Aoude, Kimberley (Kyle) Walker and Shaun (Jennifer) Dudley. The family would like to extend special thanks to Jeff Abbott, her nurse, and to Lisa Dudley, her daughter-in-law, who both provided extra care and tenderness to our mother and the family in her final days. She will be interred at the Herriman City Cemetery (12465 S. 6000 W. Herriman, UT) after a graveside service on July 20, 2011 at 11:00. Flowers should be sent to Premier Mortuary Services 7043 Commerce Park Drive, SLC UT 84047

5 comments:

  1. This is whats wrong with social media. This, Majid Ali, and the name is surely a fake, posts his scam comment on a womans obituary. If I still believed in heaven an hell, this bastard would surely go to hell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff, Thank you for your outrage. It means as much to me as your earlier words of comfort. I reported the post as spam. Majid Ali is likely a bot of some sort. If not he is exactly what you said... a bastard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for your loss. Having lost my parents and grandparents I know such a loss is great. I can't pray for you but I do hope that you will find peace and comfort as you reflect on the life of your mother.

    Bruce

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Bruce. A prayer would be empty but you words of encouragement ring true.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your mom and I love your family. I keep typing and then erasing--I'm having a hard time expressing my feelings, but I want you to know that I know what an incredible person your mom was. She was as much a mother to me as my own at times. I love her laugh and my heart will always be full of memories of her. You are all in my thoughts. I am so thankful for your family.
    Love you always,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete