Sunday, November 21, 2010

Thank You for 24 Beautiful Years

24 years ago I married my high school sweet heart.  We were expecting our first of five children.  We were young, naive, and thought we loved each other.  We have been through hardships and good times and experienced personal growth that has sometimes been painful.  There has always been one constant... we've had each other.

I look forward to each day that I spend with her.  While I don't believe there is only one love for each person and that we have an eternal commitment I find the commitment I have made to her to be very rewarding and one that I am satisfied with.  It is in part because of her that I am the man I am today and with her I will be an even better man tomorrow and next year.  Thank you Lisa for a lovely 24 years and it is with optimism that I look forward to 24 more.  As long as you'll have me I am yours!   

3 comments:

  1. My seventeenth wedding anniversary was on Saturday. I felt kind of bad because I got called in to work and when I got there I looked at the date and thought "There's something familiar about this date...OH, my wedding anniversary!" Haha. So we went out to lunch (luckily I only worked until 1pm).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful Kevin! Thanks for making my auntie so happy!!!

    ReplyDelete